By Marc J. Selverstone
A spouse to John F. Kennedy provides a finished choice of historiographical essays addressing the lifestyles and management of the nation’s thirty fifth president.
- Features unique contributions from major Kennedy scholars
- Reassesses Kennedy, his management, and the period of the recent Frontier
- Reconsiders appropriate Kennedy scholarship and issues to new avenues of research
- Considers the key crises confronted by way of Kennedy, besides family concerns together with women’s matters and civil rights
Read or Download A Companion to John F. Kennedy (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar world history books
Are sun eclipse paths symptoms of Man’s geopolitical conflicts? Is human historical past, even determining who will win, outlined via the astronomical alignments of the sunlight, moon and earth? within the Wheals of God 1801-2027 esoteric historian Keith Magnay presents round a hundred examples of the connections among the shadows of sunlight eclipses in the world, legal governments and the world’s glossy wars, rebellions, atrocities and constitutional and territorial adjustments.
No military went to battle in 1914 able to behavior trench conflict operations. all of the armies of the 1st international warfare stumbled on that lengthy trench conflict required new sorts of munitions along the traditional howitzers, large-calibre weapons and explosive shells. This quantity examines how the British went approximately inventing and production new weaponry comparable to hand grenades, rifle grenades and trench mortars while no physique of information approximately trench conflict munitions existed.
American beliefs and versions characteristic prominently within the grasp narrative of post-war eu shopper societies. This ebook demonstrates that Europeans didn't applicable a homogenous idea of the United States, particularly post-war eu intake was once a technique of selective appropriation of yankee components.
On the finish of global conflict II, France discarded not just the Vichy regime but additionally the austere ideology in the back of it. lower than the veneer of a conservative imaginative and prescient of family members characterised via the normal constitution of a male breadwinner and feminine homemaker, the belief of affection, marriage, and parenting all started altering within the years instantly after the Liberation.
- Other Side of Midnight, The: Taxi Cab Stories
- Snitch: Informants, Cooperators & the Corruption of Justice
- Between Jewish Posen and Scholarly Berlin: The Life and Letters of Philipp Jaffé
- Collision of Empires: Italy's Invasion of Ethiopia and its International Impact
- The Naval Miscellany: Volume VIII: 8 (Navy Records Society Publications)
- Piety and Family in Early Modern Europe: Essays in Honour of Steven Ozment (St Andrews Studies in Reformation History)
Additional resources for A Companion to John F. Kennedy (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to John F. Kennedy (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Marc J. Selverstone